Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Dear SDRM Families,
WE ARE NOW IN PHASE 1 - SOCCER CAMPS
A minimum of two weeks based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines. Core Features
1. State and/or Local “stay and shelter” regulations are lifted for Youth Sports with conditions.
2. Cal South lifts the suspension allowing training to resume based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines
3. If a parent/guardian does not feel comfortable having their child Return to Play, Leagues/Clubs shall be supportive of player choosing NOT Returning to Play.
4. League/Clubs have all the COVID-19 prevention and response protocols in place.
5. COVID-19 Prevention and Response Protocol information has been distributed to everyone involved and receipt acknowledgements received by the Leagues/Clubs.
6. During Phase 1, it is important to consider injury risk strategies as endurance, strength and soccer skills come back into focus.
7. Training groups must abide by the maximum number of players allowed in a “Training Group” based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.
8. All practice drills and activities are to focus on individual fitness and skills training for the authorized Training Group in a socially distant environment.
9. Drills within a Training Group may involve passing, provided that the ball is not touched by the player other than by their feet and the players maintain social distancing as regulated by State and/or Local authorities.
10. Participants within a Training Group may not arrive at the facility (training area) until the previous Training Group has completely departed.
11. Limit the number of participants in the facility (training area) such that social distancing always allows for participants and employees to maintain a minimum of six (6) feet of distance from one another.
12. League/Club Administrators and Coaches must always wear masks while training unless actively involved in the Training Drill and/or coaching and/or within the six (6) feet distance restrictions.
13. Parents should ideally drop off kids and pick them up from practice if applicable.
13.1. If parents choose to stay and observe the practice, they may do so from pre-designated areas, wear masks, while keeping proper distancing from athletes and other parents.
14. Provide a minimum separation between Training Groups of at least six (6) feet. Not Permitted
1. Players may not share equipment.
2. Players may not share practice bibs/pinnies.
3. No parents on the practice field.
4. No scrimmages between players.
5. No competition or tournaments between Teams.
6. No physical contact is permitted such as: hugs, high-fives, etc.
7. No activities that may create opportunity for an individual to come in contact with another's equipment. This would include headers, throw-ins, etc.
8. No sharing of belongings between players, such as water bottles, cell phones, cleats, socks, shin guards, etc.
9. No spitting by the players on other individuals.
1. Leagues/Clubs must train all Club Administrators, Coaches (whether Employees or Contractors), and Volunteers on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette per CDC guidelines and the CDPH requirements.
2. League/Club must distribute the Cal South COVID-19 Prevention and Response Protocol information sheet and obtain an acknowledgement of receipt of COVID-19 information from Club Administrators, Coaches (whether Employees or Contractors), Volunteers, Parents/Guardians and players 19 years of age or older.
3. League/Club will require a signed Cal South COVID-19 Waiver from Club Administrators, Coaches, Volunteers (whether Employees or Contractors), Parents/Guardians of minors and players 19 years of age or older.
4. League/Club must designate Administrators responsible for monitoring and tracking the adherence to the documented COVID-19 Prevention and Response Protocol at each facility used for the training.
5. League/Club Administrators will create a clear instructions into and out of the facility (training area) or field, so the Training Groups are not coming into contact with other field participants and Training Groups upon entering or exiting the facility(training area).
6. Participants involved in training (Administrators, Coaches, players etc.) should conduct a daily temperature check for low grade fever (>100.4°F) before training.
6.1. If you have a fever, DO NOT GO TO Training.
6.2. If thermometers are not available, conduct a daily health questionnaire in line with the “Coronavirus SelfChecker,” made available by the CDC.
6.3. Do not go to training facilities or fields with any of the CDC and/or CDPH COVID-19 symptoms.
6.3.1.Remotely communicate your health status to coaches, instructors, team administrators, or medical staff within 24 hours of your training session.
6.3.2.Parents (and not the minor player) should communicate with the League/Club or coach, in accordance with the SafeSport Framework and the U.S. Center for SafeSport policies and guidance.
6.3.3.Speak to a physician and follow CDC and/or CDPH COVID-19 guidelines on self-quarantine.
7. For individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, written confirmation of COVID-19 negative status and clearance from your physician must be provided to the League/Club in order to return to full participation in sport & activity.
8. For contact tracing purposes, the League/Club must maintain a list of all facility (training area) users, participants at trainings, and attendees, etc. For privacy purposes, the list should be securely stored and not shared publicly. In the event that someone participating in your activities becomes ill, refer to this list for “tracking or tracing” to determine who at your Club may have been directly exposed to illness, and advise them accordingly. Include the items below in your contact tracing list. For minors, use a parent’s contact information.
8.1. Collect the following information from the affected participant
8.1.5. Phone number
8.1.6. Email Address
8.1.7. Specific Training session information (Time, Field, Coach)
8.2. Follow CDC and/or CDPH COVID-19 notification guidance
8.3. Notify those who had close contact with affected participant
Stay healthy, stay safe!